These organizations provide transitions services, scholarships and vocational programs to help
Service Members and their families generally, and also to re-integrate in to the civilian world:
(these links will take you off our website).
- "Finger Lakes Homes for our Veterans" is a not for profit that provides the opportunity for Veterans and their families to experience weekend and week long vacations on lake front properties in the Finger Lakes Region of New York. These properties are donated by their owners and provided at no charge to the veterans. Preference is given to veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan so they can re-connect with their loved ones through the enjoyment of all that the Finger Lakes has to offer - Fishing & Boating with their children, swimming, toasting marshmallows over a lake side campfire; experiencing spectacular sunsets over a serene & beautiful lake. This year, we provided 10 homes to veterans and their families. Our goal for next year is 20. Contact Joe Testa at 585-657-6140
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 and website .
- TAPS provides immediate and long-term emotional help, hope, and healing to all who are grieving the death of a loved one in military service to America.
- The Army Strong Community Center (ASCC) is dedicated to supporting Service Members, Retirees, Veterans, and their Family Members from all branches of the military.
- OASIS Adaptive Sports, Inc . (Outdoor Adventures for Sacrifice in Service) is a non-profit organization offering instruction, equipment and support to disabled military veterans in a variety of sports activities.
- Military OneSource - A 24/7 Resource for Military Members, Spouses and Families.
- Veterans Outreach Center Inc. - Services/resources for Veterans, Service Members and Families of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
- The Freedom Alliance - Organizes donations and contributions for our Service Members, and also awards scholarships.
- VA Grave Markers and Mediallions
- Operation Purple - National Military Family Association (NMFA) volunteer program provides educational camps for military children.
- Soldiers' Angels - Support group aids wounded Soldiers with transitional backpacks, personal visits, and phone calls, etc., and also sends thanks via letters and e-mail to the U.S. military and its allies.
- Air Force Aid Society - Official support and relief organization for Air Force Service Members, veterans, and families.
- American Legion - Organizes blood donation, volunteer networks, purchase flags of support, and more.
- The Armed Forces Foundation - Provides support and education help to our troops.
- Armed Forces Relief Trust - Combination of the major military relief societies takes donations to help Service Members.
- Armed Services YMCA - Provides educational, recreational, social and religious support to the military.
- Army Emergency Relief - Official support and relief organization for Army Service Members, veterans, and families.
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance - Major support and relief organization for Coast Guard Service Members, veterans, and families.
- Fallen Patriot Fund - Accepts donations to send to families of those who fell in combat.
- Freedom Calls Foundation - Contribute to video conferencing facilities that put Service Members in touch with their families.
- Freedom Fund - Send letters of thanks to the troops, or donate to funds that support deploying Service Members.
- Global War on Terrorism Veterans In Need - Provides support programs for returning disabled Service Members.
- The Home Front Cares - Provides support for the Pikes Peak Region's military families of all services by distributing funds, goods and services to needy families.
- Homes for Our Troops - Assists injured veterans and their families by building new or adapting existing homes for handicapped accessibility.
- Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund - Fund provides unrestricted grants to the families of military personnel who have given their lives in the current operations in defense of our country.
- Military Pets Foster Project - Nationwide network of foster homes cares for the pets of deployed personnel.
- Navy/Marine Relief Society - Official support and relief organization for Navy Service Members, veterans, and families.
- Operation Child Care - Provides child care services for the families of Reserve and National Guard members.
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation - Provides college scholarship grants, financial aid and educational counseling to the children of Special Operations personnel killed in an operational mission or training accident.
- Veterans and Families - Sacramento, California-based organization is building support services for returning veterans.
Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Features a full range of veteran services and advocacy programs.
Wounded Warriors Fund - Donates everything from phone cards to TVs to wounded soldiers.
- Yellow Ribbon America - Show your support with a yellow ribbon.
- American Red Cross Armed Forces - Offers medical services to active duty, veterans, reservists and families nationwide.
Armed Services Blood Program
- Donate blood that will be sent to areas of need around the world.
- Blinded Veterans Association - Volunteer and scholarship organization provides care and support for blind veterans and their families.
- CAUSE: Comfort for America's Uniformed Services Elite - Provides comfort items for troops recuperating in military hospitals and rehabilitation centers from wounds and injuries.
- Fisher House - Support families whose loved ones are being treated at military and VA hospitals.
- VA Voluntary Service - Volunteer to help care for wounded veterans.
- USO - Donations to the USO pay for hospital support for recuperating soldiers, USO entertainment tours and other important services.
- Bake Me a Wish - Send a Gift Cake to a Service Member
- Adopt a Platoon - Support the troops through gifts and sponsored mail.
- Any Soldier - Sponsor care packages to Service Members in Iraq.
- Army and Air Force Exchange Services - Purchase gift certificates for active and hospitalized Service Members.
- Books for Soldiers - Donate books, movies, and more.
- Commissary Gift Certificates - Give the gift of groceries -- buy or donate gift certificates.
- A Million Thanks - Collects emails and letters of appreciation for our armed forces.
- Operation Air Conditioner - Help pay for air conditioners and heaters for the troops.
- Operation Give - Donate toys to be given to the children in war zones.
- Operation Gratitude - Contribute to care packages sent to our Service Members.
- Operation Military Pride - Sends letters, care packages, and gifts overseas.
- Operation Troop Aid - Provide care packages for our deployed U.S. Service Members.
- Operation USO Care Package - Sponsor a care package for $25.
- Treats for Troops - Purchase care packages for Soldiers.
- Board of Veteran's Appeals
- CARES Commission
- CARES Draft National Plan
- Center for Minority Veterans
- Center for Veterans Enterprise
- Center for Women Veterans
- Clarification on the changes in VA healthcare for Gulf War Veterans
- Classified Records - American Gulf War Veterans Assoc.
- Compensation for Disabilities Associated with the Gulf War Service
- Compensation Rate Tables, 12-1-03
- Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations
- Disability Examination Worksheets Index, Comp
- Due Process
- Duty to Assist
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- Emergency, Non-emergency, and Fee Basis Care
- Environmental Agents
- Environmental Agents M10
- Establishing Combat Veteran Eligibility
Evaluation Protocol for Gulf War and Iraqi Freedom Vets with Potential Exposure to Depleted Uranium (DU)
See also, Depleted Uranium Fact Sheet
Evaluation Protocol for Non-Gulf War Veterans with Potential Exposure to Depleted Uranium (DU)
- Fee Basis, Priority for Outpatient Medical Services and Inpatient Hospital Care
Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents 2005
- Forms and Records Request
- General Compensation Provisions
- Geriatrics and Extended Care
- Guideline for Chronic Pain and Fatigue MUS-CPG
- Guide to Gulf War Veteran's Health
- Gulf War Subject Index
- Gulf War Veteran's Illnesses Q&As
- Homeless Veterans
- HSR&D Home
- Index to Disability Examination Worksheets C&P exams
- Ionizing Radiation
- Iraqi Freedom/Enduring Freedom Veterans VBA
- M 10 for spouses and children
- M10 Part III Change 1
- M21-1 Table of Contents
- Mental Disorders, Schedule of Ratings
- Mental Health Program Guidelines
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Centers of Excellence
- My Health e Vet
- National Association of State Directors
- National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Neurological Conditions and Convulsive Disorders, Schedule of Ratings
- OMI (Office of Medical Inspector) http://www.omi.cio.med.va.gov/
- Online VA Form 10-10EZ https://www.1010ez..med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/
- Parkinson's Disease and Related Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Peacetime Disability Compensation http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=browse_usc&docid=Cite:+38USC1131
- Pension for Non-Service-Connected Disability or Death http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/partii_chapter15_subchapteri_.html
- Persian Gulf Registry http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1003
This program is now referred to as Gulf War Registry Program (to include Operation Iraqi Freedom) as of March 7, 2005: http://www1..va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1232
- Persian Gulf Registry Referral Centers http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1006
- Persian Gulf Veterans' Illnesses Research 1999, Annual Report To Congress
- Persian Gulf Veterans' Illnesses Research 2002, Annual Report To Congress
Phase I PGR http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1004
- Phase II PGR http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1005
- Policy Manual Index http://www.va.gov/publ/direc/eds/edsmps.htm
- Power of Attorney http://www.warms.vba..va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch03.doc
- Project 112 (Including Project SHAD) http://www1.va.gov/shad/
- Prosthetics Eligibility http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=337
- Public Health and Environmental Hazards Home Page http://www.vethealth.cio.med.va.gov/
- Public Health/SARS http://www..publichealth.va.gov/SARS/
- Publications Manuals http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/publications.cfm?Pub=4
- Publications and Reports http://www1.va.gov/resdev/prt/pubs_individual.cfm?webpage=gulf_war.htm
- Records Center and Vault Homepage http://www.aac.va.gov/vault/default.html
- Records Center and Vault Site Map http://www.aac.va.gov/vault/sitemap.html
- Request and Consent to Release of Information from Claimant's Records
- Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses April 11, 2002 http://www1.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/Minutes_April112002.doc
- Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses http://www1.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/ReportandRecommendations_2004.pdf
- Research and Development http://www.appc1.va.gov/resdev/programs/all_programs.cfm
- Survivor's and Dependents' Educational Assistance http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/partiii_chapter35_.html
- Title 38 Index Parts 0-18 http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfrv1_02.tpl
- Title 38 Part 3 Adjudication Subpart A "Pension, Compensation, and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr3_main_02.tpl
- Title 38 Pensions, Bonuses & Veterans Relief (Compensation for certain disabilities due to undiagnosed illnesses found here) http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr3_main_02.tpl
- Title 38 Part 4-Schedule for Rating Disabilities Subpart B-Disability Ratings http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=ab7641afd195c84a49a2067dbbcf95c0&rgn=div6&view=text&node=38:18.104.22.168.5.2&idno=38
- Title 38§ 4.16 Total disability ratings for compensation based on unemployability of the individual. http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx%3decfr%26sid%3d1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc%26rgn%3ddiv8%26view%3dtext
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims http://www.vetapp.gov/
- VA Best Practice Manual for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- VA Fact Sheet http://www1.va.gov/opa/fact/gwfs.html
- VA Health Care Eligibility http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/home/hecmain.asp
- VA Instituting Global Assessment of Function (GAF) http://www.avapl.org/gaf/gaf.html
- VA Life Insurance Handbook http://www.insurance.va.gov/inForceGliSite/GLIhandbook/glibookletch3.htm#310
- Lending Limits and Jumbo Loans http://valoans.com/va_facts_limits.cfm
- VA MS Research http://www.va.gov/ms/about.asp
- VA National Hepatitis C Program http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/
- VA Office of Research and Development http://www1.va.gov/resdev/
- VA Trainee Pocket Card on Gulf War http://www.va.gov/OAA/pocketcard/gulfwar.asp
- VA WMD EMSHG http://www1.va.gov/emshg/
- VA WRIISC-DC http://www.va.gov/WRIISC-DC/
- VAOIG Hotline Telephone Number and Address http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/hotline3.htm
- Vet Center Eligibility - Readjustment Counseling Service http://www.va.gov/rcs/Eligibility.htm
- Veterans Benefits Administration Main Web Page http://www.vba.va.gov/
- Veterans Legal and Benefits Information http://valaw.org/
- VHA Forms, Publications, Manuals http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/
- VHA Programs - Clinical Programs & Initiatives http://www1.va.gov/health_benefits/page.cfm?pg=13
- VHA Public Health Strategic Health Care Group Home Page http: // www.publichealth.va.gov/
- VHI Guide to Gulf War Veterans Health http://www1.va.gov/vhi_ind_study/gulfwar/istudy/index.asp
- Vocational Rehabilitation http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/
- Vocational Rehabilitation Subsistence http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/InterSubsistencefy04.doc
- VONAPP online http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- WARMS - 38 CFR Book C http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html
- Wartime Disability Compensation http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi- bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=browse_usc&docid=Cite:+38USC1110